Gas grills are most popular among gas, electric and charcoal grills because of their fast heat up as they can reach temperatures upto 400-600F in less than then minutes, ease of operation and easy to clean design without any mess.
Gas grills do tend to be more expensive than charcoal grills. But the regulation and ease of heat control with temperature control knobs of burner you get in this is impossible to get in other types of grills.
They are perfect for you if you love outdoor cooking as they carry disposable propane tanks with them. However, buying Gas grills requires maintenance and if required then replacements of parts like burners, valves etc.
So, before we move further kindly pay attention to following 3 very important factors to consider before buying your gas grills –
- Type Of Grill (Propne Gas Or Natural Gas)
Gas Grills are either propane gas-fired or natural gas-fired. But a propane gas grill cannot run on natural gas and vice-versa.
Each of them has its own pros and cons. Propane Gas Grills are highly portable as you can carry your grill along with propane tank for outdoor cooking. But once the gas is finished you will then feel hungry.
Natural gas grill is cheaper than propane gas grill but since it runs using gas from the natural gas pipeline of your home, hence you cannot take it out for outdoor grilling. People mostly prefer to buy propane gas grills.
- Area Of Grilling
It tells you the total available area you will get for cooking in your grill. You should be aware how much food you will be cooking in one go, it will help you in deciding the cooking area of your grill. You can cook upto 12 burgers on 300 sq.in. cooking area grill.
- Gas Grill Cooking Power and Btus
This is a very important specification of your grill as it tells how much energy or heat your gas grill can provide. BTU is British Thermal Units and tells you the amount of heat required to turn 1pound of ice at 1F into 1pound of water at 1F in 24hrs.
As the BTU of your grill increases your grill heats up quickly. But, size of your grill also affects heating up of your grill so always compare size and BTU of different grills before buying them.
There are several other factors also that affect the performance of your gas grill. We have described them in our handy Buying Guide, do have a read.
After going through a lot of user review, we have selected the following 7 BEST GAS GRILLS that you can buy to fulfil your wish of amazing food grilling experience.
7 Best Gas Grills
|Gas Grills||Grilling Area||Thermometer||Power/BTU||Buy Now|
|Weber Liquid Propane Grill||189 Sq.In||Yes||8500BTU|
|Blackstone Propane 36” Gas Grill||720 Sq.In||No||60000BTU|
|Cuisinart Propane Tabletop Grill||275 Sq.In||Yes||20000BTU|
|Char-Broil Gas Grill||425 Sq.In||Yes||46000BTU|
|GasOne Gas Cooker Weld||14″ Dia Frame To Put Your Cooking Pan||No||65000BTU|
|Master Cook Propane Gas Grill||471.8 Sq.In||Yes||30000BTU|
|Royal Gourmet Propane Gas Grill||802 Sq.In||Yes||710000 BTU|
7 Best Gas Grills Reviews
WEBER brand is sold in over 40 countries and they are also known as synonymous of barbecuing innovation. Their Liquid Propane Gas Grill is another innovative product for you.
It gives you a cooking area of 189 sq.in. which is sufficient if you live alone or with few people in an apartment. Generating tremendous heat of 8500BTU per hour it cooks your food in a very short time.
You can start your gas grill in quick time with the help of easy electronic ignition. The infinite control burner valve gives you any temperature you wish which allows you to cook your food at any temperature you require.
- Your grill has got the porcelain-enamelled cast-iron cooking grates that last long, heats up quickly and provides even heating to all its cooking areas.
- The large and easy to read built-in thermometer allows you to easily monitor and control the temperatures inside your grill.
- Its high-grade stainless-steel burner tubes do not rust easily.
- It has got an angled grease tray and catch pan. This gives you an excellent grease management system for flushing out the juices of cooked meat. You can slide them out to clean and dispose of caught grease.
- It also carries a separately sold 14.1 or 16.4oz disposable LPG cylinder with it, this allows you grilling on the go anywhere you go.
- It carries various ergonomic features like larger grip handle, easy to turn knobs, side handles, large-size fold-out side tables with greater rigidity. All these allow you in better controlling of your grill.
- Further its cast aluminium lid and body make it lightweight and rust-resistant, thus you can shift your grill from one place to another easily.
- Free BILT app of Weber provides you 3D interactive assembly instructions of this product. It helps in easy installation of your grill.
- Infinite burner control settings give you temp. you wish.
- In-built thermometer.
- Free BILT APP helps in easy installation.
- Better grease management system.
- Less cooking area.
Griddles are large cooking area grills which can be used as outdoor cooking stations. And if you want to buy a long-lasting gas griddle grill that you can also pass on to your children as heritage then BLACKSTONE is the right choice for you.
That is why BLACKSTONE is the best-selling gas griddle grill brand in America. Thus, if you have aforesaid expectations with your grill then you must buy Blackstone 36” Outdoor Gas Griddle Station.
Its audacious 720sq.in. cooking area lets you cook tasty food for large number of guests in your backyard house party.
- It is equipped with easy to press Electric Push Button that helps in quick ignition of your Gas Grill.
- It has got 4 independently controlled stainless steel burners with long life. They create different cooking zones on your cooking grill and you can cook multiple dishes at a time that require different temperatures.
- The easy to remove griddle top has Thick Rolled Steel cooking surface. This enables your grill to have excellent heat distribution and retention for a long time. This cooks your food evenly and quickly.
- If you want to move your grill in your backyard easily, then its Four industrial strength caster wheels (two are lockable) allow you to fulfil your wish.
- Massive cooking area of 720sq.in.
- 4 burners let you cook for all or only for yourself.
- Easy to push start button.
- Castor wheels for easy movement.
- Expensive to buy.
- Large size may seem bulky to handle
Over 40years of experience in cooking grills industry CUISINART has won numerous coveted awards like Good Design Awards, the Gold Hermes Award etc. Their CCG-306 GAS GRILL runs on propane and provides you with cooking area of 275sq.in.enough to feed a small gathering in your house.
This gas grill is liked by customers because you can make it ready to start in 10min without any tools. It also gives you temperatures upto 700F that helps in the quick grilling of your food.
- Large Stainless-Steel grates are ideal for cooking large cuts of meat. So, if you are a fan of seared and smoke grilled meat then this grill is for you only. As its large two-zone cooking helps you do both simultaneously.
- Your gas grill has two long-lasting powerful stainless-steel burners powered by electronic ignition which allows you to start your grill easily.
- Each burner provides you with the heat of 10,000 BTUs that lets you do simultaneous grilling. This also cooks your food evenly and quickly. You can also set up two cooking zones by changing the heat of each burner.
- You grill also carries an integrated thermometer and adjustable burner knobs to monitor and control the heat of your grill. This prevents your food from getting burnt.
- You also remain free of the hassle it takes to clean meat grease and other drippings. As it has a drip tray that collects all the droppings.
- You can also purchase a 20 lb. tank of propane (not included) to support your grilling on the go if you are on picnic with your family or friends. A-4foot LP hose connects your grill and tank.
- Your grill weighs only 22pounds and is so small that you carry it in your car anywhere. Its locking cover, folding legs and a comfortable carrying handle also assist you in taking it anywhere.
- The best part is the 3-year limited warranty that keeps your grill insured and lets you use it fully.
- Reaches highest temp. of 700 F in quick time.
- Best for grilling meats.
- No assembly required and can be set up in less than 10minutes.
- Some customers have found it flimsy.
- Space beneath burners is too shallow.
Awarded with best grilling brand in 1984, CHAR BROIL is considered to be America’s favourite grilling brand since its starting in 1948.
Their Cart Style Propane Gas Grill gives you massive cooking area of 425sq.in. that can cook upto 20burgers at a time, this takes care for meals of your friends and family gathering.
- It has Porcelain-coated cast-iron grates that are rust-resistant and can sustain high temperatures. This provides sufficient heat to your food and cooks it uniformly.
- Its reliable electric ignition fires up your grill easily without any delay with just a push of button.
- It comes with 4 burners giving total heat of 36000BTU this allows you to cook multiple dishes at one time easily and quickly. You can control them also with easy to turn knobs for precise temp. control.
- It also has a 10000BTU lidded side burner that helps in preparing seasoning while grilling is going on. But you can cover it when not in use to increase preparation area.
- It provides you with a 150sq.in. swing away rack that keeps your food warm through indirect heating. You can also cook toast buns on it.
- It takes care of space you need to prepare your food, as it provides you with two ample space stainless-steel side shelves.
- It has a lid-mounted temp. gauge that provides you, real-time temp. of your grill and helps you in controlling the heat for your food better.
- Your grill has a durable Porcelain-coated grease pan that collects all the drippings. You can also remove it for easy cleaning.
- It comes with a separately sold propane tank that gives you the option to grill outdoors when going picnic with your friends or family.
- Further, it has two 7inch wheels which allow easy movement to your grill and you can drive it to the places easily as per your wish.
- Swing Away rack keeps your food warm.
- Side shelves help in preparing food material.
- Side lid burner gives extra cooking zone.
- Wheels allow easy movement.
- Propane hose is short, it may not reach the grill from tank.
- Carries over 100 parts, may take some time to assemble.
GASONE is renowned to work with mission to provide you reliable, quality products at an affordable price. If you are a bachelor searching for easy to cook system possibly a gas stove.
Then GAS ONE PROPANE BURNER is the best product for you. It is a high-pressure propane gas single burner that can grill, cook and boil your food items in quick time as it provides you with the massive 65000BTU heat.
- It has easy to rotate regulator knob control marked from 0-20, this controls the amount of heat/flame you need to cook your food.
- It has 14” dia cooking frame over the burner that can easily accommodate any size of pan or cooker you are cooking your food in.
- Its heat resistant, steel-braided hose ensures the safe flow of pressure and gas and O-Ring on Regulator makes you burner gas leakage-free. All this ensures the safety of you and your loved ones.
- Your burner has an extremely sturdy body and a very compact size that makes it easily portable. You can use it for outdoor cooking purposes.
- High heat output of 65000BTU.
- Safe to use.
- Small size makes it portable.
- It is not dedicated grill station, but a cooking gas stove.
- Temp gauge is not there
Master cook brand provides you with a huge grilling area of 339 sq.in. You also get an additional 132.8 sq.in. area to keep your food warm through indirect heating.
- Your propane gas grill has 3 Stainless Steel burners that can give you 30,000 BTU/hr heat for quick heat up and cooking of your food.
- Its long-lasting stainless-steel knobs help you in controlling the heat of all the three burners, this creates different cooking zones and cooks your food the way you want.
- It comes with an integrated piezoelectric ignition system that allows you to easily ignite your grill just with the push &turn of a control knob.
- The stainless-steel thermometer mounted on the lid helps you in controlling the temp. of your grill.
- It has two side shelves that provide you with large space to keep or prepare other items related to your food. If not in use you can fold them to make your grill compact and easy to move.
- On its front, it has a stainless-steel handle and two castor wheels at base help you in taking it to different parts of your home for cooking.
- It has whole stainless-steel body, thus you can clean stains very easily, just by weeping a wet cloth piece.
- Side shelves help in storing the extra item.
- Handle helps you move it easily.
- Easy to clean.
- Large cooking area.
- Tray and pan are not there to collect drippings.
True to their name “Gourmet”, which means the quality of food and enjoyment of eating. Royal Gourmet has provided their customers with their best in class BBQ products for best eating experience. Their cabinet propane gas grill provides you with the massive cooking area of 603sq.in.
Further, to allow you grilling some other foods or keep your food warm it provides you with an additional secondary cooking area of 199sq.in. Its 7stainless steel burners give you massive 71000BTU heat that cooks up your food quickly.
- It has got 5burners on main cooking grate of 10000BTU each, plus a sear burner of 12000BTU. This lets you create multiple cooking zones in your grill and gives even heating and juicy flavour to your food.
- It also carries a lidded side burner of 9,000 BTU helpful in preparing sauces. You can fold down the lid when not using the burner, this will increase your workspace.
- Cast iron cooking grate is porcelain enamelled, rust-resistant and heats up quickly it also retains heat for a long time. This cooks your food evenly in quick time.
- It has got built-in thermometer that gives you accurate grilling zone temperature measurement to cook best-grilled food for you.
- You can quickly start it just with the easy push of Electronic ignition system button.
- Metal side shelf on sides of your grill offers you additional prep and workspace, you can keep any item you wish to use while grilling.
- To collect drippings of the cooking meat you get a removable grease tray which can be conveniently cleaned.
- To sort out your trouble of accessing your BBQ tools, it provides you with a large space cabinet with stainless steel doors to store anything you wish.
- To easily move your grill in the backyard of your home it comes with 4 lockable caster wheels that make it stable at one position.
- 71000BTU of heat is maximum among all brands.
- 6 burners give you multiple cooking options.
- Large Cabinet to store your BBQ tools.
- Side shelves give you increased workspace.
- Very expensive to buy.
Buying Guide For Gas Grills
Simply waking up and searching over the amazon website to buy gas grills is not going to help you in deciding what features you should include in your gas grill. Else you will end up investing your money in a grill that is not of your kind.
For that, we have created a handy and easy to understand buying guide for you. We assure you, after going through this you will be very clear regarding what kind of gas grill you should buy.
So, without wasting time we will now move to the following points –
1. Type Of Grill (Propne Gas Or Natural Gas)
Your Gas grills uses two types of fuel, either propane or natural gas. Hence named propane gas grill and natural gas grill. But the important thing for you to know is that a propane gas grill cannot run on natural gas and vice-versa.
Your Propane Gas Grill comes with separately sold propane tanks and provides you upto 25hrs of grilling time with a 2-pound propane tank. This makes it highly portable as you can carry your propane grill and its tank anywhere along with you.
Natural gas is cheaper than propane gas and you can directly run it using a natural gas pipeline of your house. This avoids the inconvenience of replacing tanks but the mobility of natural gas grills is affected because of this.
2. Area Of Grilling
After deciding whether to buy propane or natural gas grill, the next thing you should decide is how much cooking area grill you want. As it decides how much food you will be able to cook at a time.
Thus, a large cooking area grill will cook more food as compared to a small cooking area grill. If you have large circle of friends and family go for a larger one else smaller one is enough for you.
However, with increasing grilling area the cost of your gas grill also increases.
3. Gas Grill Cooking Power and Btus
In the above product descriptions, you must have read BTUs or British Thermal Units of your grill. This represents how much fuel your grill can burn in an hour or simply saying it tells the energy output of your grill.
Obviously larger grills produce higher BTU values. But this measurement won’t tell you anything as the size of the grill also affects the heat generated by your burner.
Hence, always find heat flux (BTU-per-SQ.IN) to identify the most powerful grills for you. For, this you just need to divide the total BTUs of your gas grill by its total cooking area. As heat flux increases the cooking power of your grill also increase.
4. No Of Burners In Your Grill
Having more than one burner always assist you in cooking better as they can keep your food warm and provide you with different cooking zones.
In short, they assist you in multiple grilling at a time, as you can precisely control the temp. of each burner with help of individual control knobs and can cook the type of food you wish on each burner.
Gas grills come with 3,4,5,6 or more burners in one grill you can select the grill with the number of burners you think is beneficial for you. Further, as the number of burners increases the BTU of your grill also increases.
5. Cooking Grates
These are nothing but the cooking surface where you grill your food. Thus they should be able to heat up quickly, retain heat and do not chip off or rust on high temperatures. They are made of materials such as stainless steel, porcelain and cast iron.
- Stainless steel grates are the least expensive but also the least durable. But as compared to plain steel grates, stainless steel lasts longer and has better no-stick properties.
- Porcelain-coated grates have a decent cost but they also start to chip after some time. You should not clean them with metal scrapers.
- Cast iron grates are the best choice as they are heavy, more durable and more efficient in heat distribution and retention. But they are more expensive and require more maintenance than other grates.
6. In-Built Thermometer
Most of the cooking grills come with an inbuilt temperature gauge or thermometer. This helps you be aware of the real-time temperature of your cooking grill.
You can then decide whether to add or remove heat from your grill to cook your food better. Thus, having a thermometer in your grill allows you to control the heat effectively inside your grill.
So, our advice to you will be to always include this feature in your purchase.
7. Freestanding and Portable Gas Grills
Freestanding gas grills are most popular among cooking enthusiasts like you, as they have wheels for mobility and carry access doors and drawers for storage of propane tanks and grill accessories. You can take them out in your backyard to enjoy outdoor grilling.
Portable gas grills are without wheels and called as tabletop grills. They are so small in size that you can lift them with your hands to shift from one place to another. A portable grill is designed to run off a smaller propane tank and has a smaller cooking area compared to freestanding grills.
In the above article, we have empowered you with the tools of buying guide to decide what features in the gas grill will benefit you.
You can also refer to our selected 7 Best Gas Grills to find which brand has all the features and specifications you want in your grill. This will help you in spending your money on an efficient gas grill.
But our recommendation for you will be to go for, WEBER 51010001 Q1200 LIQUID PROPANE GRILL. The reason is WEBER is sold over 40 countries and is the most trusted brand in the field of COOKING GRILLS.
Its ease of assembling with help of free BILT APP and excellent cooking performance because of infinite burner control makes it popular among the people using it. This will provide you with the complete worth of your money. Go for it.